Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Ben Shvarts Task 1

The beginning of high school
People say the first weeks of high school can be really different and intense. My first two weeks of school were different and intense but brought positive change to my life. The new routine children, new teacher’s and classrooms were very exhilarating for me. When I first walked into the gates I knew my time here at Reddam Would be and adventure.
As I stood in the yard with my cousin Nora and other Bellevue Hill friends, I saw my mother starting to tear. Once she left, we had to follow our teachers inside. The teachers took our group a side and discussed the rules. We were told how to read the time table and which classes we would be in for the year. We had a brief look at our schedules and went straight to class. My First class was science.
Then after the entire whole school introduction it was home time and within that time from 8:50 till 3:30 I made at least twenty friends. Which were all nice boys and girls then as soon my mum was approaching the school I saw her face and she was still tearing and she asked me at least seven thousand question of my first day at a High school.

On my second day of school we had the swimming carnival it was a fun day with lots of excitement we had events like freestyle which I came third in and other fun events like the participation event and the relay. Also the teacher’s had their own event. Then after all that we got back at 3:00 and I was exhausted and relived that the day had ended. Then we had to go the teachers for them to dismiss us.
Day 3 camp it was early in the morning when I had to wake up let’s say like 6:30 in the morning to get there on time. I had to eat breakfast really early and my mum kept telling me to hurry and finish your breakfast so you don’t be late for the bus taking us to the scout camp.
Then when I arrived there I got there at 8:00 and departure time was at 8:45. So during that time I was playing with friends touch footy for about 30 minutes then after that we had roll call. Then straight after that we had to find partners on the bus then we left straight for the camp.
Then when we arrived there the bus stopped and our camp instructor got in the bus and told the children in the bus what do before going in your cabins. So we had to go to the meeting place in the wood area and settle our bags there. After that we went to the kitchen to have a snack then after that we went straight to activities. Later in the day, after my group finished the activities we got our cabin number and went straight to them.
Day 4, we left our cabins which my friends Jonathan, Sam and Jordan we went to the dining area and straight after that my group went straight to the activities such as caving, obstacle course and big swing. 
Day 5 the same routine but the only thing is it was leaving day so before anything we had to pack our bags and put them outside our cabins then we got I our groups again and our final activity was the mystery hunt which was really fun and challenging.

Three hours later we had to get on the bus and leave the camp site and return home to Reddam were each and one of our parents were waiting for us to arrive.
So that’s how the beginning of high school was for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment