Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Carlos Perez Task 1

The next step to my life
It was the year 2010. I was currently at a school called Wiggly Primary School in the north part of Rydney. I was just about to enter year 6 next year, my final year after being there for 5 tremendous years. As to where I would be going to next had already been decided, it was a school by the name of Larist Brothers North Rydney. I was very happy to be going there, the cheque was in and everything.

My mother had just had an operation to her neck. She had just finished her finally Year at Semarie University. She was currently looking for a job as a Spanish/French teacher.
The good news is she had found an opening at a school called Blue Manner House but unfortunately she was currently in the stages of her operation but that did not stop her. She was so enthusiastic about the idea of finally becoming a teacher that when she talked to the Primary Principal of the school she got an interview on the day after her operation.

After much success with my mother’s operation, my father and I took my mother to her interview at Blue Manner House (we were with her in the hospital by the way). My father and I took my mother into the school and we waited for the principal to be ready for my mother’s interview. At this time I had heard many brilliant things about Blue Manner House that I was just wishing my mother the best of luck in her interview. After a few minutes of happily waiting by reception the principal was ready and my mother started the interview.

By now my father and I were anxiously waiting to find out whether or not my mother had done well and this would be the place where her career had a real big boost. It seemed like quite a while until my mother came out of the interview, but by the time my mother came out she seemed very happy which was in fact very settling for me knowing that this seemed like it was going to turn out well.

Unfortunately Blue Manner’s system with interviews is they tell you whether or not you’re in or not by another Interview which would soon be happening. After about two days of waiting to receive another interview, my mother finally received one two days later. Good news! My mother got in! The excitement was unbelievable!

So about a month later my mum started her job as a French teacher at Blue Manner House there were some good days and some bad days. The interesting thing was a started to become quite fond of the school and found out that it was primary and high school, my options started to change…

As I have already told you I am currently at Wiggly and I am going to Larist Brothers, but one night my parents approached me and said:  if you would like to go to Blue Manner instead of Larist we would be happy for you to go there instead.

So after much thought I finally decided we would decline the cheque and I would go to Blue Manner! There was one down side though, considering that I am the only one from my current school going to Blue Manner I was going to be alone. Luckily after the primary principal heard I was going to join Blue Manner in 2011 she invited me to their music camp where I met many friends like Sommanel and Lyson

It has now been about a month since I started in Blue Manner House and I am really enjoying my time here!


1 comment:

  1. 13

    Well done! A lively account containing some effective passages. More detailed descriptive elements are needed to really bring these scenes to life. Use a range of language techniques in your writing, like metaphors and similes.

    Accurately written for the most part in terms of spelling and grammar. Some issues with punctuation in parts.

    A well structured response with strong opening, middle and end. Well done!

    ReplyDelete