Saturday, March 5, 2011

Dario Pizzuto Task 2

The Babies Here
I woke up on the 2nd of January 2010 at around 6:00am, it had been a sleepless night as my parents had been in hospital for around two days. Because my mother was in labour, with my baby sister ‘Lara.’ Since both of my parents were in hospital I had to stay with my step mother and step brother. My brother (who was fourteen at the time) and I were both very eager to see the new arrival. Although we did not no when she would be born, we both had the strong feeling it would be that very day.

I threw on some jeans and an old shirt and went downstairs to eat breakfast. I quivered every bite through my toast, I didn’t bother much for a drink. I thought about how much this would change our lives, my life. For my whole life I had been the younger brother. It was all about to change, I felt strange. The last nine months had been exciting but I never knew what it would feel like to actually have her there. I wondered and wondered. It was like all my thoughts and emotions had been tossed into a blender to create some new kind of feeling, one I assure you I have never felt before. It’s like being numb in awe, scared yet perfectly tranquil, cold yet boiling with concern. All sorts of questions were swimming through my mind like ‘What will she look like?’ and ‘What colour hair will she have?’

We decided to go to for a drive, then I heard it, those words which I will never forget my whole life. My step mother turned to me and said “She’s here.” I lit up with joy and we made our way to the hospital. We waited for a while because my mother was quite exhausted from the whole ordeal. After a while my dad came out to give us the ‘okay.’ He led us through a series of turns until we arrived at a room. My dad opened the door for us and I saw her. I immediately wanted to pick her up and run away, but I resisted the urge to do so. She was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen in my entire life (besides myself).

She smiled at the welcoming crowd that surrounded her, she smiled in my mothers arms. She was so delicate and gentle, she grabbed hold of my finger. Her tiny fingers wrapped around my index finger, her nails no larger than half of the blunt end of a pencil. I felt warm and fuzzy inside. I thought about all the things that would need to change in our lives, but I couldn’t care less. She was the cutest thing I had ever set my eyes upon and my opinion on that will never change. So there you have it, a baby girl named Lara on the 2nd of January 2011. She had finally arrived, the little Lara.

1 comment:

  1. 15

    Very well done Dario! Some lovely writing here exploring the mixed emotions associated with the arrival of a baby sister. Great passage comparing your feelings to a blender. Your descriptions of the baby are excellent. Very vivid and detailed. Provide more information on the characters to improve this, eg appearance, personalities, habits, etc.

    Well structured and accurately expressed. Some issues with punctuation here and there. Spelling is sound.

    ReplyDelete