Sunday, March 6, 2011

Jett Ferguson Pugh Task 2

Quad biking in Mexico    By Jett Ferguson-Pugh

The rain splattered against the window of my bedroom. The power of the lightning was lashing the ground. This is what I heard when I awoke from my deep sleep. This was not the day for quad biking up a mountain. It was around 8:00am, an early wake for a relaxing holiday in Mexico, Puerto Vallarta. My sister Frankie, my cousin Demelsa and one of my sisters best friend Bells were coming on this trip. As I got out of the shower I put my long jeans and my long t-shirt on so I would not get burned from the exhaust pipe on the Quad bike or cut myself from sharp objects in the mountains.    

When we left the house I could feel the rain water flowing through my hair. This was not the same weather that we had been experiencing yesterday. The streets were all coble and some of the houses were brilliantly built. It was quite a marvellous site to see. But that did not matter because the roads around here, at this time in the morning, were not pretty at all. People were speeding and there were no footpaths around the area where we were staying.    

When we arrived at the shop, we were given forms to fill out and then had to put the safety gear on. Once we had finished that we were shown how to drive the quad bike and how to kick start it. I had to ride with my sister because it was very hard to steer the quad bike.

 We were then on our way driving through the town with our instructor leading us every inch of the way. As we left the town we drove through this area which was amazing. There was a waterfall with crystal like water. Children were playing in the pond that was created by the waterfall. It was a remarkable site. The ride up the mountain was incredible; watching the strong currents of the river thrashing against the bridge of rocks as we crossed it, big trees getting blown from side to side by the wind and the birds humming in perfect tune.

We finally arrived at the peak of the mountain. The view was amazing, until we spotted something not so fantastic, it was a snake hanging from the tree. The snake was massive, around one meter long Demelsa was distraught she wanted to leave straight away.

Once we left the peak our instructor took as down the mountain a different way which was a difficult task for Frankie, Bells and Demelsa. This track was dangerous because the path was getting smaller and at one point there was only three meters of path.

When we had arrived back at the waterfall I drove the rest of the way and it was such an incredible ride I could feel the wind running straight past my face. We drove along the shore and saw the crystal clear sea.

When we arrived back at the shop I only wished that I could do that all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment