Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Task 2-Hugo Powell: The easter show

So there I was at the Easter show, holding forty dollars worth of tickets just to go on rides for my friends and I. We looked around at all the rides, line, line, even bigger line. ‘Well I just wasted forty dollars’ I thought. The only rides that didn’t have any lines were massive rides, and my friends and I didn’t really want to go on any of them. Finally, after a good twenty minutes doing nothing, I grabbed my friends Cameron and Archie and dragged them to one of the huge rides. It literally didn’t have a line. It was called the ranger. The people on the ride would be put into two carriages and they would spin all the way around. Archie was too chicken to go on, but that didn’t stop Cameron and I from going on. We gave in twelve of our tickets and walked onto the ride. We were strapped on and then waited for more people to come on. The doors on the carriages closed, and then we slowly started rocking. We were getting higher and higher, and faster and faster. It was one of the best feelings, it felt like my stomach was two steps behind me. As we were spinning, we saw Archie below us doing nothing, while we were laughing and having fun. But sadly the ride ended too soon, but before Archie could say a word, Cameron and I were back on the ride in a few seconds.
After having a taste of that ride, we went on even more rides. Roller coasters and spinning rides, while Archie kept making the excuse ‘I get motion sickness!’ which Cameron and I really doubted, but what were we going to do. After what felt like twenty minutes but was actually an hour, we had completely run out of tickets. So once again we had nothing to do, so we just had enough money to buy some food and drinks. Once again we were bored, except for Archie who had been bored the whole time. Luckily my brother came along and saved the day. He had another twenty tickets and he gave them to us because he had already gone on all the rides. So again, Archie waited for us to go on more rides while we had fun. Once again we were out of tickets, but this time we were satisfied.
After that we did what Archie wanted to do. Look at show bags, buy lollies and whatever he wanted to do because we left Archie waiting for an hour and a half. But it was his choice not to go on any rides, and plus he didn’t have to wait for us. But he didn’t go on any rides and he did wait for us, so I guess we had to do some of the things he wanted to do, it was the least we could do. I only had one regret that day. I didn’t save enough tickets for the sling shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment