Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Task 2.By Bobi Klein

The Gun
Task 2

So I am at Emma’s house, my best friend, to sleep over one night.  Emma’s parents are out and left us at home on our own for a few hours.  Suddenly at 11:00pm we hear a knock at the door.

Then all of a sudden we hear a creak coming from the laundry door. CRASH BANG THUMP.

We hear footsteps coming from up the stairs. Emma and I hide under our blankets shivering from fright and bewilderment.

The door to the room we are in opens all of a sudden and to our delight we see Emma’s father.  Emma had forgotten that he had been out at the movies and after returning home and had come upstairs to check if we were all right and whether we were asleep.

We jumped up from under the covers with great excitement and gave him such a big hug.  We did not know who was making the loud noises from the lower level and all we could think about was that there was a robber in the house and that he was coming to steal things from the room we were in.

Emma’s father told us that he had brought us something to play with, a plastic edged water gun.  We both thought that this was pretty cool. Emma and I were throwing the water gun around whilst lying on her bunk bed.  We threw the gun back and forth from the upper mattress where Emma was to the bottom one where I was.  I mistakenly missed the water gun and it hit me square in the head above my left eye and split my eyebrow in half.
Before either of us could murmur another sound there was blood dripping down my face.  We called Emma’s dad to come and see me.  Luckily he is not afraid of the sight of blood like my grandmother is and we rushed to the emergency ward at the children’s hospital.  After a short wait, I was taken and looked over by a nurse who in no time had summed up the situation, stitches, oh my G-d.  Doesn’t sound good.  I had never had them before. But a girl’s got to do what a girls got to do.  Yep you got it, cry.  Nah, I was strong and held it together, well only just.  I received 15 stitches on my left eyebrow.

I was feeling a bit woozy after that fun experience, not.  So it was decided that I had better sleep at the hospital overnight.  So you think that’s all.  No, not quite.  Not only did I cut my eyebrow and nearly lose an eye.  I went to hospital, they smell, and waited, got stitches and yes I fell out of the bed.  I had a nightmare that I had cut my eye, dah, and the side bed lever was not erected, so yes I tossed, turned and fell out of bed. 

So, there is a very good lesson to learn here.  Guns are not for young people and can lead to whole lot of problems, so stay away from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment