Monday, March 21, 2011

Ruby Biancardi Task 1


It only takes one day for you to fall in love with Paris. Trust me that’s all it took for me. From the moment I stepped out of the plane and an associated 21 hour flight I knew I was destined to be here.

It was back in 2007 when I took my first trip to Paris. The four of us went - my mum, dad, brother Hugo and I. We were warmly greeted by the French at the airport although my parents weren’t impressed when my mum’s suitcase was lost. It was only after at least an hour and a half of negotiating that we finally got out of the airport (except my mum was still angry because she didn’t have her bag). From there we instantly got a taxi and were transported to our luxurious apartment right in the heart of Paris. The apartment had an astonishing view of the Eiffel Tower or in French “Le Tour Eiffel”.

My first priority was to check out the place. There was quite a bit to check out with its 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom a reasonable sized kitchen, a living room and 2 floors and a TV of course! I liked the place and was ready to settle in for the 1 week stay. We had arrived early in the morning so we had a whole day ahead of us to explore.

At around midday, after a lot of fussing about over sleeping arrangements and unpacking and of course the awful torture of homework, we were all set for a picnic in Champ de Mars (the park in front of the Eiffel Tower). We had a nice little picnic which included fresh warm baguette from the baker with fresh meat from the local butcher (my mouth is watering even thinking about it). We also had splendid view of the Eiffel tower.

Given Hugo and I were only young at the time, mum and dad took us to see a French play in the park after our picnic. The play was hosted and performed by children around my age (eight years old). It was a lovely little play based on the story of little red Riding Hood but my brother cried when the wolf appeared!

 That evening we had dinner out to celebrate the fact that it was the first time in Europe for Hugo and myself. The restaurant was of high quality and in fact it had 1 Michelin star (which means it’s very high up in the ranking of restaurants). Hugo and I had continuously been warned on approach to the restaurant to be very well behaved, although this meant nothing to him as he was only three years old! My mum made me order very exotic food and in the end I tried SNAILS (in French “escargot”). They weren’t that bad thinking about it now.                                                                                                                                                                                                

The day was wonderful and we all really enjoyed it for our first time and we didn’t want it to end but there was always tomorrow and the next day and the next day. So really we had nothing to worry about except mums lost bag!!!


1 comment:

  1. 13.5

    Well done. This is a well written autobiographical response. Provide more information about the people involved so that your characters feel more authentic. More imagery and descriptive detail also needed.

    Well written overall in terms of grammar, spelling and punctuation.

    An effectively structured response too.

    ReplyDelete