Monday, March 14, 2011

Gal Kaminski Task 1

Task 1 by gal kaminski

I walked into the front gates of my new school “Reddam House” I was a bit nervous about a new school that I only new 2  people and that I did not even come to orientation day because I only knew I was going to Reddam about a month before the year actually started.
I headed up the stairs and made my way to the basketball courts to have a little look around the school to see if I recognised anybody.

The first person I saw was a guy named Eric Zykov he is a kid from my old school Rose Bay Public School which I was in from year 1-6. The next person I saw was Bobi Klein she was also from my old school but they were already hanging out with other people so I sat down on the side of the basket ball court for a couple of minutes by myself. After that I went back to the front of the playground where a teacher was waiting for all the year 7 children to come so they can all walk to Adelaide Hall for the first assembly of the year.

My second  day was a bit better I met a couple of new people and it was the annual Reddam  swimming carnival I did not participate in any of the competitive races but I did participate in the participation races it was a fun swimming carnival. My third forth and fifth days a in Reddam were the best I think out of the whole two weeks. They were the days we went out for camp. On the way to the place we were staying which was “Cataract Scout Park”, I met a really nice kid name Maxmo who offered me to sit next to him on the bus. By the time we reached our destination it was nearly lunch time my favourite parts of camp were the “Giant Swing” the “Flying Fox” and “Caving”. Camp felt really short but everything is short when you are having fun.

 The second week at Reddam became time to learn something. The first thing I did when I came on Monday was head up to the basket ball courts when I saw all the year 7 kids sitting down in one room so I joined them and the teachers were handing out each persons time table and telling them their tutors. From then on it was learning, but it was fun learning because all the teachers are great and there is no subject that I do not like so far in Reddam. Maxmo and I still hang out at recess and lunch with a couple of other kids like Kenneth and Kenny. I joined up to the basket ball team and we play every Saturday and train every Tuesday, I also signed up for a sailing academy which we have every Friday after school I really enjoy sailing and I think Reddam is the best school I have been to so far.

1 comment:

  1. 12

    Well done Gal! A good overview of your first two weeks at Reddam. You need to include more detailed descriptions of significant moments, scenes and people to help bring this to life.

    Punctuation is a major problem here. You must use full stops to separate grammatically complete sentences.

    A well organised response on the whole. Well done.

    ReplyDelete