Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Josh Broyda (task 2)

 The Fish and the Dog 
It was a day which I would never forget, a day when one good friend died and a new friendship was born. The morning began like any other, I brushed my teeth, got ready for school and began to feed my goldfish. It was the fattest goldfish I had ever owned, it had big blue eyes and was so big it rarely swam but I still loved it. I had owned this goldfish for many years and it was there for me in good times and bad. As I fed it, I watched it eat the flakes I poured into its tank, however today something was different, it seemed less able to eat then usual. However I had no time to worry, and as my mum screamed for me to leave the house, I ran out of my room leaving my goldfish behind.

After a long and tiring day of school, I came back home ready to play my X-Box. However as I entered my room, a shocking sight caught my eye. The goldfish tank was missing my goldfish. As I looked all over my room, I began to panic as it was no-where to be found. Then I glanced at the tank again and noticed at the bottom lay the remains of my goldfish. I yelled loudly for my mum to come in and when she arrived, she explained that my goldfish had exploded because I had over-fed it this morning. I decided at that point, to bury the fish in my backyard, and with tears rolling down my face, I took the bowl out of my room.

After I buried what was left of my goldfish, I returned back into the house, feeling sad and lonely. I quickly walked back to my room, where I begun sobbing into my pillow. As I continued to cry, my mother suddenly entered. She asked me whether I wanted a new goldfish, and I replied that I had always wanted to get a dog. After some argument, I finally convinced her that it was time for me to get a new pet, one that would not explode if I overfed it. 

After a short drive to the nearest pet store, I begun to feel much happier, I had forgotten all about my goldfish and now only cared about getting a new friend. As soon as I entered the shop, I saw the dog I wanted to get. He had black and white fur, with floppy ears and black and blue eyes. I knew this was the friend I had always wanted. As I pointed him to my mother, a huge smile appeared on her face and immediately she fell in love with him. This was a day I could never forget, where an unfortunate explosion led me to getting the dog of my dreams. 

No comments:

Post a Comment