Sunday, March 6, 2011

Task 2- Toni Sharp

Soccer- the Story

She sat there, watching. All her friends were running. She had sweat dripping down her face. Her chest moving up and down as she sat there. GOAL.
“Charlie, you’re in!” the coach yelled her. She jumped up at the sound of the whistle. It was time in. half time was over.

Hi, I’m Charlie, in case you haven’t figured it out yet. Right now, I’m in the middle of a pre-season soccer match. My life is a bit crazy, you see. I play three sports, touch football, representative basketball and soccer. If you think that’s a lot, look at Harriet, she does 5 representative sports. Anyway, I will start at the beginning.

SCREETCH. The whistle is blown. The referee is calling us in to play. The starting line-up is:
Up in front: Mia, and Ari
In the middle: Talia, Charlie (me) Amy and Tara. Tara and I… we have always had a little bit of rivalry, even though we are friends.
In the back: Erin, Sami, Keren and Nicole.
In goals: Becky. She might be small, but… well that’s it.

It was our kick off. We ran it up and I shot. But I fell, face first into mud. The girl tripped me. I had a free kick. I took three steps to the left, then three steps back. I ran up. My foot under the ball. I scooped it and shot with all my might. I was in luck, I scored. 1-0. as we ran back, everyone was congratulating me, including Tara.

It was their turn to kick of. But then I heard “Charlie. CHARLIE!” My coach, calling me to come off. I ran as fast as I could. Chloe, a girl with dark black hair, and matching black ringed eyes took my spot. Her first move was to trip over her own feet. So much for the ‘Goth’ look.

Now that you are caught up, I can tell you the rest of the story.

We lined up again, to walk on to the field. There was the girl who tripped me. I remember her face vividly from the split second I saw her.
The whistle was blown it was kick off. I ran and intercepted the ball. I passed it to Tara; the same girl who tripped me was standing next to Tara. The girl had blonde hair, and a sturdy build. And my god, did she look scary. She pushed Tara, who is four foot and tiny with red hair, over. I was again to take the kick. I took three steps back, and three to the left. I ran. I scooped. I scored.

The final whistle blew. The final score.4-2. What a victory..

1 comment:

  1. 15

    Well written Toni! A very entertaining story, with some great humorous touches. Provide more detailed descriptions of key moments to help improve this. More information on characters also needed: appearance, personalities, etc.

    A well structured narrative, with accurate spelling and grammar. A few problems with punctuation here and there.

    ReplyDelete